Friday, August 21, 2009

Meet Me in St. Louis, Louis...

At the Future Leader's Reception at City Museum

Friday Night dinner at Union Station

Lisa and Beth

Me with my good friend Harriet

Me with my Shaklee sister, Shawna

Me with Kristi
We all have fun at convention!

Earlier this month, I went to St. Louis with some colleagues (including Beth above) for the annual Shaklee convention. It's a nice break from the day-to-day mom and teacher stuff, but it was more of a working vacation. Lots of sitting and lots of learning - as with any convention. But fortunately, there's still plenty of time to hang out and have fun.

As I was going through my pictures, I realized one of my favorite things about convention is reconnecting with my Shaklee friends, and meeting new ones. The trip down was fun - carpooling with Beth and John. I can't tell you how excited I was to see my friend Harriet again. And spend time with Shawna and Kristi. And meet so many fun people like Lisa, Kristi W, Ginny, Pat, Andrea, Christy and Carolyn. Most of them I had 'met' over the phone - what fun to put faces with the voices, hang out with them, and learn from them.

I would have never met any of these people if I hadn't been in Shaklee. And my life is richer because of it. Thanks Shaklee!

No comments: