Saturday, September 19, 2009

True Mom Confessions + Pictures

Over Labor Day weekend, we traveled to Ohio to visit family. I always have to have something to read when I travel, and that weekend, I picked up True Mom Confessions: Real Moms Get Real from the library.

Nathaniel thought the cover hilarious, pointing out the little blurb above the title, which reads: "I haven't taught my kids to tell time yet...that way I can say it's bedtime whenever I want."

I looked at him and said, "Oh yes. I did that too." He looked shocked. Good thing I didn't tell him that as a stay-at-home, homeschooling mother, I chose not to teach him to tell time until he was at least six so I could put him in bed at 6:00 or 6:30. I'm not sure he would have forgiven me. (smile!)

Even if you're not a big reader, you will enjoy this book. It's mostly quotes from real moms who write anonymously on the TrueMomsConfessions.com blog. The book is organized by chapters into topics, with an introduction from the author, Romi Lassally. Each chapter ends with a short essay from a real life mom blogger.

It is a thick book, but with few words on each page, so you can feel good about finishing 266-page book in little snippets throughout your day. A definite plus for moms.

And, as promised (better late than never!), pictures from our trip, courtesy of Ann or Isaac, with some slight editing by mom.



No comments: