Tuesday, March 03, 2009

To Cut or Not to Cut?
























I am reminded again that I have an almost eleven-year-old. Who is not just an extension of me or his father, but his own person with his own opinions. Like what to do with his hair.

His dad and I have harped on his hair often enough that his little sister is starting to harp too. She's constantly telling him he needs a haircut.

Nathaniel, instead, wants just his bangs cut. I say, if we cut your hair, we're going to CUT your hair. Anna threatens to braid it, Daddy threatens to put it in a ponytail. I occasionally take out the clippers and wave them in the air threateningly. (Honestly, though, I don't want to clean up the mass of hair that would end up on my floor if I actually used them. Don't tell Nathaniel.)

He says he'll get his hair cut after his birthday. Which is soon enough that I think I can stand waiting. The main issue is basketball. He's constantly running down the court with his chin in the air, trying to see around his hair. He claims he doesn't. Ya, right. Unfortunately, basketball is over before his birthday.

Well, it is HIS hair. Guess I have to give it up.

1 comment:

Molly Sabourin said...

I think Nathaniel looks adorable.