Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Swimming Lessons & Shaklee


Generous grandparents gave my children swim lessons for Christmas. Some (Lydia) were more excited than others (Nathaniel), but nevertheless, on Thursday afternoons you’ll find us at the pool.

The great thing about swim lessons is the locker room. (OK - after the great thing of learning the important life skill of swimming.) The club we go to has a family locker room with private showering rooms with shampoo, conditioner & body wash available in the showers. This is great because I get to kill two birds with one stone, so to speak. Swim lessons, followed by showers. Cross that off my list!

The first time we went, I asked Nathaniel if he’d washed his hair. “Of course Mom!”

“But did you use shampoo?” I felt was the necessary follow-up question to my 10-year-old.

“Oh. No, I didn’t.”

“And why not?”

“Because they didn’t have Shaklee shampoo and I wasn’t sure if it was safe.”

Can you believe that he’s listening to me? (Me: “What we wash our hair with gets into our bodies, so let’s make sure it’s something safe. Let’s use Shaklee’s brand.”)

Wanting to avoid extremes, I told him, “Once a week, for the limited time we are taking swim lessons, it’s OK to wash your hair using their shampoo.”

We’re in week three of lessons, and you know what? We brought our Shaklee Pro Santé shampoo & conditioner to the club. I realized that, free or not, safe or not safe, the club’s shampoo was not cleaning their hair as well as the Pro Santé shampoo.

Shaklee’s Pro Santé hair system cleans safely, without stripping your hair of its natural oil balance. And, as Shaklee scientists are always thinking about the health of your body, the products contain Shaklee’s patented Scalp Health Complex – a unique combination of 10 vitamins, minerals & herbs that nourish your scalp (which in turn makes your hair healthier).

I love the Nourishing Scalp Treatment. It’s a liquid full of nutrients that I put on my scalp after I get out of the shower. Then I quickly massage it in. I’ve noticed that I’m shedding much less hair, and several years ago, when I first started using it, my hairdresser noticed that I had new hair growth around my temples. (How cool is that?)

And you know Shaklee – they have all this data and clinical trials that say, “Hey this stuff really works. Look at how much it reduces hair loss & damage, increases the diameter of the hair, & improves its strength and elasticity.” (If you’d like to see that kind of info, you can find it here.)

I say, it keeps my hair clean and feeling great and my kids’ hair clean too. My skeptical husband said he’d “try that stuff out,” and switched to Pro Santé Purifying Shampoo. That was three years ago. (I think he likes it!)

No comments: