Thursday, June 04, 2009

Keeping Kids Healthy

Time for afternoon snack












One of my children’s favorite times of the day is afternoon snack time. It doesn’t happen every day, but when it does, they beg for Shaklee’s Mighty Smarts.

Even my pickiest of eaters loves Mighty Smart orange chews (see their double thumbs up?). And I love what it does for them.

Mighty Smart
is a DHA chewable supplement for children. DHA is an omega-3 fatty acid which is essential for children’s growing brains. Studies have shown that DHA is essential to brain development, good eyesight and helps with behavioral issues like ADHD.

Foods like sardines and liver are high in DHA. Perhaps those are your child’s favorite foods, but mine wouldn’t touch them!

Another good source of DHA is tuna and salmon. But the Environmental Protection Agency warns that those fish could be contaminated with mercury, pesticides and dioxins, which are harmful to our kids. We have tuna about twice a month, which is not enough DHA to keep my kids’ brains healthy, but limits their exposure to toxins.

Which is why I was so excited when Shaklee introduced Mighty Smart. A safe, and delicious, way to make sure my kids get the DHA they need. One that my kids beg for every day.

I only have one still taking chewable vitamins, and she absolutely loves the new Incredivites. They include lactoferrin to supercharge her immune system, all the essential nutrients to help her grow strong and healthy, plus she loves the taste! No artificial sweeteners or colors either, and since they’re Shaklee, I know they’re safe.

Supersmart. Supersafe. Supernutritious. Perfect for super kids.

No comments: