Thursday, February 05, 2009

All I got for Christmas was..... Blue Tape?!

Last fall, when my family asked me what I was going to give my children for Christmas, I thought for a minute and said, "I'm giving them each their own roll of blue masking tape."

They burst into laughter and told me, "Never send your kids to public school! They'll find out what everyone else gets for Christmas! Can't believe you're giving your kids TAPE for Christmas!"

For the record, they did not only get tape for Christmas, but they each got their own roll.

And you know what? They were excited about that tape too! None more so than Isaac, my youngest.

I just had to share what prompted the gift - this extravagant creation he and his brother built together last year. Using my tape.









And here is Isaac today. Blissfully creating a town. In case you're wondering, there's a store, a firehouse and lots of houses in his town. Still to come: a church and a school... and more I'm sure. All the blue tape lines are sidewalks. He's planning this elaborate creation so he and his friend Matt (whom I watch in the mornings when his mom is scheduled to substitute)can play the next time he comes. Playmobil, Lightening McQueen, Legos - all those great toys can use the same space.







Isaac's town.

And you thought blue tape was a crazy Christmas gift.

1 comment:

Molly Sabourin said...

I am forced to eat my words here, Michelle! I admit that there is nothing those Leichty kids can't create out of paper and masking tape. :) Great pictures!